BT Trap Range - For Stoat, Rat, and Hedgehog Control
BT traps are a replica of the DOC traps. DOC traps were designed by the Department of Conservation for killing stoats, rats, ferrets, and hedgehogs in humane yet effective manner. BT traps killed Stoats and Ferrets in accordance with the NAWAC (National Animal Welfare Advisory Committee) guidelines as a humane kill trap.
Two series of BT Traps: BT 200 and BT 250 traps where the former is used for stoat and rat control while the latter could be used to kill ferrets and hedgehogs.
BT traps are ideally suited to fit into wooden housing or plastic housing boxes.
Traps – two options:
- Stainless steel – good for damp, humid, and salty environments
- Combo: stainless steel trigger + zinc coated steel – good for areas where it isn’t so damp, humid, and salty
Housing – two options:
- Traditional wooden housing – made of natural materials, all sharp wire edges removed, blends in with the environment
- Newer plastic housing – lighter, stackable, more visible – this may be an issue in an environment with passing foot traffic
Buy the traps or housing only, or a combination of trap + housing.
- Effective and Humane kill trap
- Copy of the DOC trap with upgraded materials
- Budget friendly when compared to the DOC traps
- Use with our trapping tools for more safety:
- Terra Don trapping tool
- BT setting tool
- For setting instructions see the demonstration video by the Department of Conservation. The setting stays similar to that of the DOC 200 trap.