Timms trap conversion kit
Got a Timms trap floating around somewhere? Make even better use of it and convert it into a tree-mounted possum kill trap - a Flipping Timmy, instead of its usual ground-mounted position.
Advantages of a Flipping Timmy include an easier set, release, and reset – no more bending over! And the catch stays fresher because it hangs off the ground.
The Timms conversion kit includes:
- a base for your existing Timms trap
- screws, etc
It's quick and easy to convert, and makes one of the best known possum traps in New Zealand even better!
For more options, see our range of possum control products.
- Attach existing traps – as long as their bases haven’t been pulled out of shape
Blaze the tree – the trap is tree-mounted, which means you can also blaze (put a strip of colour on a branch or the trunk) the tree to attract possums
Catch is held off the ground – animals caught in mounted Timms traps are less prone to rapid decomposition than those in ground-based traps
- Quick reset time – clear, re-bait, and reset in seconds
- Ideal for use with – our trap lures, terracotta lures, and Lure-It sprays
- Buy the Timms trap separately, or buy the trap and conversion base together
- Go one better! – get the real deal, the Flipping Timmy possum trap (same proven trap mechanism as the Timms but with sturdier components)