PredaSTOP for Stoat Control
PredaSTOP is a green paste used as a bait for Stoats and Feral Cats. It contains para-aminopropiophenone also known as PAPP, which once consumed makes the predator lethargic and drowsy which then leads to death. PAPP converts the haemoglobin in red blood cells to methaemoglobin that blocks the flow of oxygen to the brain and heart.
PredaSTOP is packed in a syringe or a pottle.
Use only in bait stations (ensure no domestic animals have access to the bait station).
Important: You need a Controlled Substance Licence (CSL) to buy, store and use these products. We must sight and record the details of your CSL (and in some situations, your Approved Handler Certificate) before you buy.
- PAPP - para-aminopropiophenone 410g/kg
- Cost effective and easier to use
- Higher number of targets
- Fast acting and humane – target animals die quickly
- Minimal risk of secondary poisoning – once the target animal eats the paste, it is virtually undetectable. This means no lasting toxic residues, so low risk of secondary poisoning.
- Safe for the environment – non-toxic to earthworms and other ground-dwelling life
- No adverse effect on water courses
- Minimal risk of secondary poisoning
- Minimal risk to native birds and non-target species (if used correctly)
Safety for handlers
- Ensure gloves are always used
- PAPP baits are recommended to be destroyed at the end of the program
- Use according to the Safety Data Sheet
PAPP was registered as PredaSTOP for stoat control in 2011. Two field trials with the use of PAPP resulted in 83% and 87% decrease in stoats over 5 days.