Feratox pellets - for possum and Dama Wallaby control
Feratox pellets offer a targeted and safer approach to effectively control possums and Dama Wallabies. These unique encapsulated pellets of potassium cyanide pose minimal risk to native birds and non-target species.
Feratox pellets are also faster acting, more humane, and safer for people handling them.
Use them in permanent bait stations, or our Bio Bags and Striker bait stations that you staple onto trees. If you want a ready-to-use product, look at our Feratox Bio Bags.
Important: You need a Controlled Substance Licence (CSL) to buy, store and use these products. We must sight and record the details of your CSL (and in some situations, your Approved Handler Certificate) before you buy.
- Potassium cyanide – 475g/kg
- Controlled toxin amount – the size of a dried pea, each pellet contains 120mg of potassium cyanide
- Toxin is encapsulated – by a hard, brittle coating that requires an animal with considerable jaw pressure to crack it (which means birds can’t)
- Fast acting and humane – target animals die quickly and are usually found close to bait stations
- Minimal risk of secondary poisoning – the cyanide gas emitted once the target animal eats the pellet is virtually undetectable. This means no lasting toxic residues, so low risk of secondary poisoning.
- Ideal for fur harvesting – possums die close to bait stations
- Easily removed (if necessary) – stock can return to land blocks quickly after control operations
- One pellet = one kill
- Tamper proof seal on bottle
- No lasting toxic residues
- Minimal risk of secondary poisoning
- Minimal risk to native birds and non-target species
Safety for handlers
- Cyanide gas emissions are virtually undetectable – this means it’s safer for people handling the pellets
- Use according to the Safety Data Sheet
How to use
- We recommend you prefeed using one of the Ferafeed non-toxic paste range or Ferafeed non-toxic pellets
- Put Feratox pellets in these bait stations:
- Permanent stations – for example, Philproof bait stations
- Bio Bags – wrap one pellet in a ball of Ferafeed non-toxic paste, place inside the Bio Bag, and staple Bio Bags onto trees or suitable posts
- Strikers – and then staple the Striker onto trees or suitable posts
- See our Best Practice guidelines for more information
Controlling possums in New Zealand since 1997 and Dama Wallabies since 2013