Feratox Bio Bag 12g - for possum and Dama Wallaby control
Save yourself time and effort with our ready-to-use Feratox Bio Bags.
One Feratox Bio Bag = one Feratox pellet wrapped in 12g of Ferafeed 213 non-toxic paste, sealed in a biodegradable bag.
Feratox pellets offer a targeted and safer approach to effectively control possums and Dama Wallabies. These unique encapsulated pellets of potassium cyanide pose minimal risk to native birds and non-target species.
Feratox pellets are also faster acting, more humane, and safer for people handling them.
Use Feratox Bio Bags in one-off or short-term pest control situations where you don’t need permanent bait stations. They’re easy to use – just staple them onto trees or suitable posts.
Important: You need a Controlled Substance Licence (CSL) to buy, store and use these products. We must sight and record the details of your CSL (and in some situations, your Approved Handler Certificate) before you buy.
- Potassium cyanide – 475g/kg
- Controlled toxin amount – the size of a dried pea, each pellet contains 120mg of potassium cyanide
- Toxin is encapsulated – by a hard, brittle coating that requires an animal with considerable jaw pressure to crack it (which means birds can’t)
- Fast acting and humane – target animals die quickly and are usually found close to bait stations
- Minimal risk of secondary poisoning – the cyanide gas emitted once the target animal eats the pellet is virtually undetectable. This means no lasting toxic residues, so low risk of secondary poisoning.
- Ideal for fur harvesting – possums die close to bait stations
- Easily removed (if necessary) – stock can return to land blocks quickly after control operations
- One pellet = one kill
- Tamper proof seal on bottle
Bio Bags (used as bait stations)
- Innovative, industry-standard bait stations
- Sealed to keep the bait matrix (Ferafeed 213 non-toxic paste that attracts target animals) fresh and to protect the toxic bait in the field
- Coloured blue to attract possums – who knew?!
- Labelled with appropriate bait station warnings
Ferafeed 213 non-toxic paste
- A non-toxic prefeed paste that attracts possums and Dama Wallabies – it's full of the good stuff like peanut butter and grains
- No lasting toxic residues
- Minimal risk of secondary poisoning
- Minimal risk to native birds and non-target species
Safety for handlers
- Cyanide gas emissions are virtually undetectable – this means it’s safer for people handling the pellets
- Use according to the Safety Data Sheet
How to use
- We recommend you prefeed using Ferafeed 213 Prefeed Bio Bags
- Staple Feratox Bio Bags onto trees or suitable posts
- See our Best Practice guidelines for more information
Controlling possums in New Zealand since 2016