D-Block hard block bait - for rat control
Control rats either indoors or outdoors with D-Block hard block baits.
D-Block's active ingredient is Diphacinone – a first-generation anticoagulant. The low risk of secondary poisoning from first-generation anticoagulants makes them a great choice for farm situations and the environmentally conscious.
For more options, see our range of rodent control products.
- Diphacinone – 0.05g/kg
- Small and lightweight – each block weighs 28 grams
- Use indoors or outdoors – in bait stations
- Super tasty – rats prefer fresh grains and nuts to wax (we've sacrificed a longer shelf life to achieve this)
- Low risk of secondary poisoning – its short half-life* compares favourably to other toxins
- Prevents target animals hiding and storing bait (bait caching) – each block has a hole which lets you secure it onto internal bait station spikes (or wire, nail or tie in place)
- Used by experts – the Department of Conservation and other leading conservationists and pest controllers
- Antidote is readily available – Vitamin K
- No Controlled Substance Licence (CSL) required
*how long a substance takes to reduce its concentration by half
- Breaks down a lot faster than other toxins – its half-life* in tissue and blood is only 3 days. Brodifacoum, the most commonly used second-generation anticoagulant, is 130-300 days.
- Minimal risk of secondary poisoning
- Minimal risk to native birds and non-target species
Safety for handlers
- Use according to the Safety Data Sheet
How to use D-Block hard blocks
- Use in bait stations for rats like our Run Through, Zig Zag, and Tunnel bait stations
- See our Best Practice guidelines for more information
- Controlling rats in New Zealand since 2011