RatAbate Strikers - for rat control
Save yourself time and effort with RatAbate Strikers - a ready-to-use product that effectively controls rats.
One RatAbate Striker = 18g of Ferafeed 213 non-toxic paste with Diphacinone added. This sits in a biodegradable, potato starch bait station on a weatherproof card.
The low risk of secondary poisoning from first-generation anticoagulants like Diphacinone makes them a great choice for farm situations and the environmentally conscious.
Use RatAbate Strikers in one-off or short-term pest control situations where you don’t need permanent bait stations. They’re easy to use – just staple them onto trees or suitable posts.
For more options, see our range of rodent control products.
- Diphacinone – 0.05g/kg
- Highly palatable – rats love it!
Weatherproof – Strikers are dipped in wax
Biodegradable – Strikers start to degrade after target animals tamper with them, then completely break down in the field over a few weeks. Clean up may not be necessary.
- Low risk of secondary poisoning – its short half-life* compares favourably to other toxins
- Used by experts – the Department of Conservation and other leading conservationists and pest controllers
- Antidote is readily available – Vitamin K
- No Controlled Substance Licence (CSL) required
*how long a substance takes to reduce its concentration by half
- Breaks down a lot faster than other toxins – its half-life* in tissue and blood is only 3 days. Brodifacoum, the most commonly used second-generation anticoagulant, is 130-300 days.
- Minimal risk of secondary poisoning
- Minimal risk to native birds and non-target species
Safety for handlers
- Use according to the Safety Data Sheet
How to use RatAbate Strikers
- Staple onto trees or suitable posts
- See our Best Practice guidelines for more information
- Controlling rats in New Zealand since 2006